⇜⇜A Sweet Tooth⇝⇝




Lately, I have been wanting to make treats after a long day at work. I don't spend hours making them either, but once in a while its nice to treat yourself. My favorite desserts include chocolate cake and of course cheesecake.But any dessert that presents itself is always delicious, am i right? There is something nice about putting ingredients together and the end results are as pretty to look at as they are tasty.I usually make most of my desserts from a box, I don't have long hours to wait for results as I'm not very patient. But when I do make sweets from scratch the creation and wait is completely worth it. I remember this one time a few years ago my foster-mom at the time and I, we had decided to make a lemon meringue pie from complete scratch, the crust to the whip topping was from scratch and oh my goodness my impatience paid off.It was the most delicious thing I had ever had, and from then on my love for baking and creating yummy treats started. I find baking is meditative and relaxing and the smells filling up the whole house is honestly the best.No it isn't the best for your waist line, but who cares, plus, it gives you more incentive to exercise. If you need or want some inspiration to create some sugary desserts, here are some movies that make me want to indulge and eat my face out:

*It's ComplicatedFunny and heartfelt

*ChocolatIf your a chocolate addict this is perfect for you

*Julie and JuliaMakes you want to take lessons in cooking, become a chef and open your own restaurant, or not

*No ReservationsSappy,cute,good story-line

*Marie AntionetteAmazing costumes,beautiful sets, plus lots of food, champagne and money thrown everywhere.


Who can resist a pure double chocolate cake, I know I can't.There is a scene in "Its Complicated" where Meryl Streep's character is eating a slice of double chocolate cake and honestly right after that I have to make one myself.   

A little Creme Brulee  


And my go to easy to make but still yummy and enough for 2-4 people, a chocolate mousse. Top it with some heart shape strawberries like I did and you have yourself a romantic dessert, or you can have both for yourself. 

Here is another mousse dessert, but with a different spin on decoration, because it is, all about presentation.

  ©2018Ella.M


Comments